The weather is warm, sunny and beautiful! Who wouldn't want to be at the beach. Here are a few things to help keep you locks looking soft and shiny!
* Wet hair with pure water before going in the ocean or pool. This fills in the cuticle with fresh water first.
* Wear a swimmers cap.
* Use hair sunscreen. I like the Shiseido brand which you can buy at Sephora. http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Shiseido-Refresh-Sun-Protection-Spray-for-Hair-Body/prod82540019/?ecid=BGCIGoogleProductAds&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=prod82540019sku
* Use a deep conditioning mask twice a week during the summer, especially right after the sun and pool/beach. I like Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating mask. You leave on for 5-7 minutes, twice a week and you will see a huge difference! http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/intense-hydrating-mask-299 ( can pick up from the salon for $35)
* Wear a hat when going out in sun makes a big difference on preventing the color from fading.
* Wear your hair up at the pool and beach. Keeping it out of the pool or salt water will save you a lot of time and stress of drying out the ends of fading your expensive color.
Feel free to contact the salon if you have any questions about keeping you locks healthy this summer.